Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Taming the Hair Accessories

When I had just one little girl, I had a lot of hair accessories.

And then I had another little girl.  And another.  And with each girl came more hair.  And with more hair came more hair accessories.

Suffice it to say there are A LOT of hair accessories in our house.  It's not unusual to find clips, ribbons, bows, headbands, ponytail ties, brushes, and bobby pins strewn about our house.  They seem to multiply and resurface even when I think I've put them all away.

So I had to find a way to wrangle all of the hair loot.
And while that method worked, it wasn't practical.

So I use this fancy storage technique:
I hang a shoe organizer over my closet door (which is next to my bathroom where all the hair action happens).  Each type gets its own spot, sometime sorted by color.  It's made a world of difference!  The girls know where to put things away and it's all easy to find at a glance.
It may not be very fancy or pretty, but it's practical.  (I just noticed the baby bottle in one pocket.  Ha!)

Although, this storage method is pretty handy.  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Reason #232 I'm glad I don't have any girls: Can you imagine how many stray hairs are caught up in some (all) of those pockets?! *shudder*
    This IS a really neat solution, though (but the hairs...eww)
    I have a little tray in my bathroom drawer that holds my small collection of ponytail holders. I gag every time I use it, see it, or have to clean it out, because there are so many hairs caught up in there...gagging now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And while that method worked, it wasn't practical."

    I snorted. Out loud. Gary is a good dad. And you, my friend, I love. Even more than all the Gymboree hair bows one can hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, amazing storage method! Once Adelaide grows enough hair I am totally copying you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ gửi hàng đi canada uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...