Saturday, March 06, 2010

Saturday fun

Happy Saturday!

Today's been a nice, slow day so far... such a rarity around here! This morning we delivered cookies to the fire station with Emma's Daisy Girl Scout troop, and this afternoon we spent time outside - WITHOUT COATS! - since the weather was so nice. We've kind of forgotten what it feels like to be outdoors in the last few months. Addie took advantage of the nice day and tried to learn how to ride her bike without training wheels, but it looks like we'll be trying again another day.

In a couple of hours we'll be heading out to our church for a Volunteer Appreciation Banquet, so I thought I'd squeeze in a quick blog post before we go.

Brace yourself, because this is going to be riveting.

No really, I hope you're sitting down...

Useless information:

1. What is your name spelled backwards? Eigna... actually, when I was younger my name (with my maiden name) spelled backwards was Eigna Noslo, and I'd pretend I was a Norwegian exchange student when I was out and about with my mom running errands. I think my obnoxious fake (and horrible) accent embarrassed her immensely. I, of course, thought it was hilarious.

2. What did you do last night? Went on a date with Gary! We went to dinner at Red Robin and then saw Alice in Wonderland. I fell asleep during the movie, although I blame ME, not the movie.


3. What was the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Pictures from my camera.

4. Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery? No! I'm too afraid.


5. When is the last time you swam in a pool?
In September when we went to Kauai. I may or may not have performed a synchronized swimming routine with a friend for our husbands. I also may or may not have attempted to dive into the pool, which may or may not have resulted in a painful (yet amusing for onlookers) belly-flop.

6. What are you wearing right now? Jeans, a pink sweater, and a funky necklace


7. How many cars have you owned?
Well, since I didn't technically own my first cars (my parents did), then my answer is four since Gary and I have been married.

8. What is the type of music you detest most?
Rap

9. Are you registered to vote? Of course!


10. Do you have cable?
Yes, but I could live without it.

11. What kind of computer do you use? My MacBook! LOVE it.


12. Have you ever made a prank phone call?
Yeppers.

13. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? No and no.


14. What is the farthest you've ever traveled?
Kauai.

15. What is your favorite comic strip?
Hmmm... I don't really have one, but if I had to choose I'd pick Calvin and Hobbes.

16. Do you know all the words to the National Anthem?
To the first verse, yes! The rest of it... no clue! (Did you know there are FOUR verses?)

17. What is your favorite pizza topping?
Green peppers and sausage... or maybe plain ol' pepperoni.

18. Chips or Popcorn?
Popcorn!

19. Who is your cell phone provider? T-Mobile

20. Do you shower in the morning or night?
Morning

21. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
WHAT?! Who does that?

22. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? Nope.

23. Orange Juice or Apple Juice?
Orange juice.

24. Who were the last people you ate lunch with?
Gary, Emma, Addie and Brody!

25. Favorite Chocolate Bar?
Kit-Kat

26. Who is your oldest friend and how long have you known each other? Other than family? Probably Kathleen, who I've known for 24 years or so. Facebook makes this a tricky answer since I've reconnected with people from before that. But, Kathleen and I haven't had to rely on Facebook to rekindle our friendship!


27. When was the last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Sad,
I don't even know...!

28. Have you ever won a trophy?
Ummm... well, yeah... just one. For a stinkin' spelling bee. Don't mock me.

29. Favorite arcade game? PacMan!


30. Ever ordered from an infomercial? Oh dear... yes...


31. Sprite or 7UP? Sprite, but I had them so often when I was sick growing up that now they make me feel sick.


32. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work/school?
No

33. The last thing you bought at
Walgreens? Ice cream

34. Ever thrown up in public?
Yep. Wanna hear about it?

35. Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love?
Love!

36. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Hmmmm... not really. But from the first time I saw Gary, I "knew."

37.
Spongebob or Jimmy Neutron? Neither. Phineas and Ferb? Yes!

38. Did you have long hair as a kid? Yes! Always had long, blonde hair. Too long at times.


39. What message is on your Voicemail machine? "Hi! You've reached Gary, Angie, Emma {saying her own name}, Addie {saying her own name}, and Brody. Leave a message!"


40. Where would you like to go right now? Kauai.


41. What's the name of your pet?
We don't have one. We used to have a dog named Obadiah (Obie for short).

42. What kind of backpack do you have and what's in it? I think it's an old Eddie Bauer backpack, and I think right now it has a few spare wallets in it.


43. What kind of tennis shoes do you have? Nikes... I hear they're for something called "exercise." Huh.


44. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Gary

45. Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny? Mickey Mouse

I know that info will have you pondering things for days. Many thanks to Mer and Ginger for this amazing blog post idea.

Happy Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. yes, i want to hear about you throwing up in public...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my friend, are turning into a bloggy machine!

    And I have a spelling bee trophy too. And used to have a dog named Obadiah we called Obie for short.

    Love you!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Kit Kat's ...I love that candybar, just haven't had one in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @#26: Awwwwh. Yay! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing SO hard at #1. I can totally picture you doing this. What a funny kid you were! hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were at Red Robin on Friday night? At Flat Irons? Because if yes- we were there too! But maybe you went to a different one.

    Oh yeah- in middle school I smoked peanut shells. All the time. But then I grew out of it.

    ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on a roll with these blog posts, Angie! I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...