Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tidbits

Hi! Remember me? I'm the girl who not long ago promised to be a more consistent blogger. I won't make that promise again, but I am going to try to be better. Don't you just LOVE visiting those blogs that have a new post every other day - or better - EVERY DAY?! If you're one of those bloggers, your consistency does not go unnoticed. In fact, you're so good at frequent posts, that I tend to stalk you and probably check your blogs 2 or 3 times a day in hopes that you've posted again. (Joanne, Kelly, Kathleen, others who don't know me...) Okay, so I don't see myself posting every day, but I'm going to make an effort to be a wee more regular. (Ha. Funny pun for those who know me well!)

I first want to say thanks for the great comments after my last (depressing) post. It is really a relief to know I'm not alone in this hard journey and that everyone has those days when you feel defeated beyond belief. Each of your comments was invaluable to me and encouraged me in some seemingly dark days. If you've not gone back to read the comments, I urge you to do so. It will reassure you, like it did me, that on those days you feel like you're spiraling out of control that there's someone who can relate. I wanted to comment on them individually, but it would take too long!

After that post, I really was down in the dumps for a few more days (wait, weeks - both girls had croup back to back!), but thankfully a few changes around here helped me to snap out of it. Gary's folks came into town for a visit, which is always a nice change in routine. Plus, as a bonus, they are far from a burden to host. They are easy as can be and SO helpful. My girls adore them, so I'm sure it was a nice break from their grumpy mommy as well. After just a couple days here, Gary and I zoomed off for a getaway in New York City while they stayed with the girls! I know! Isn't that great?! I won't share the details yet - my next post will be about our trip. We were home for just a few days when Gary had to go out of town again and the girls and I had a few days alone. So, all that to say, forgive my blogging absence. I've been a bit preoccupied.

I do have to share one funny thing as a postscript to that last post. Gary was talking to Emma about her behavior a few days after I wrote that, and she had the gall to share this little morsel with him: "Daddy, I just LAUGH at Mommy's spankings." Alrightythen! Probably not a good thing to share with your parents! (Although true - my weak spankings have no effect on her.) We laughed hard (apart from her) and had to make some little disciplinary changes. I won't get into it here because I realize the topic of spanking is controversial, but maybe that gives you some insight into frustrations that were revealed in my last post! Such a funny girl. She quickly backpedaled after that and said that no, they DO hurt. Uh-huh, sure.

In other news...

Addie FINALLY went potty on the "big-girl potty" last week. About time! For months we've had her sitting on the toilet with no luck. Of course she chose a morning I was in a hurry and running late to try again. After 10 minutes I got impatient and stepped away for a second to help Emma with something, and that's when I heard the tiny tinkle! (Sorry for those who aren't moms yet - I'm sure you couldn't care less about this!) I popped my head around the corner (I hadn't even left the bathroom) and she was grinning ear to ear. Stagefright! Of course! She wouldn't ever go because I was always right there! And really, that's the key. She'll go if I don't watch. So last night I decided we might be ready for Pull-Ups because she understands the concept now of keeping her diaper dry (and I didn't want to make the mistake I did with Emma - we used those dang Pull-Ups for like six months. Hello! They're pricy!). When I came home from the grocery store last night with her first package of Pull-Ups, I had her close her eyes and put them in her arms. She squealed, "'ella!" (Cinderella) and hugged them and said, "Thank you for my surprise, Mommy!" She thanked me another 5 times before the night was through... so cute!

In baby news... I'm now 19 weeks along and everything is fine. We find out what we're having next Thursday, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for potty trained toddlers! Soo funny how they get stage-fright at such a young age!
    Glad to have you back around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my earliest memories is telling my mom, "That didn't hurt!" after a spanking. Let's just say that it hurt after that and I never said such a stupid thing again!

    Joanne

    P.S. Glad you're back!

    P.P.S. Did you record my talk at your MOPS group? Would you send me a CD? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEW YORK CITY!????!!!! How awesome.....I didn't even ask you where you went during our short conversation the other day, I feel like I talked the whole time, I'm sorry! Then you hung up on me! :-) Just kidding, I got your email about your phone dying, it was good timing anyways for both of us. I can't wait to hear ALL about it, how bout next week, can we sit on your porch and talk?! Or if it's cold can we sit at your lovely dining room table and chat?! I'm so excited to see you.

    And YAY for Addie!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...