Sunday, February 06, 2011

240 months (give or take)

It's true what they say: "Blogging is the best way to celebrate a personal anniversary."


Okay, no one says that.

And this is the part of my blog where I'm going to assume that there are no boys reading this.

Twenty years ago today, Aunt Flo visited for the first time.

I won't rehash the details, but it's worth remembering. Just go ahead and enjoy this little blast from the past from my 17th anniversary, where I reminisce about Annie, lots of sunshine, and a code even Nancy Drew couldn't crack.

I can't believe no one remembered my anniversary today. I mean, the twentieth anniversary gift is typically platinum or china. Imagine the possibilities! A platinum tampon holder! I think that's an etsy shop waiting to happen, don't you? Or an etching into a delicate china plate to commemorate the day. Come on, people!

Instead, I went to church today, played Monopoly with Gary and Emma, (was royally defeated), and went to a friend's house for "a party." Imagine my disappointment when we walked in and it was all for a silly football game! I sort of thought I'd walk in and everyone would jump out shouting "Surprise!" and shower me with roses and boxes of Tampax. *sigh* Maybe next year.

It turns out that in the last eight years, I've been pregnant or nursing so much that the sun has only come out about 7 or 8 times instead of the 96 that one would normally expect.

And THAT, my friends, is gift enough.

6 comments:

  1. You are so FUNNY! I love it when you blog regularly. I know time is elusive but I seriously love reading your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Crack. Me. Up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously this is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really? only 7 or 8??? huh. it makes my head trying to even figure it out....
    also, how do you remember the day to such a tragic day in history? i blocked that one from my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I feel terrible that I forgot (because I DO think that the "no one" you reference remembering is me). Which means I also missed my own 20th. Congratulations, TIG! Love, Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. hilarious!!

    also - so not fair. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...