Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Little Sister's Little Man Shower

My baby sister Abby is about to have her first baby!  So naturally, my Mom, Amy and I threw her a shower to get her ready for her new little man.

I'm going to start right off the bat by saying that we totally copied the idea for this little man baby shower.  I wish I could claim it was our idea, but the internet pulled through for me again and provided all the inspiration we needed.  So all the credit goes to Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy and Emily at Remarkable Home!  There was little to improve upon, so seriously, we copied, copied and copied some more.  As they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!"
Let's start with the decorations!  I love the manly colors: navy blue, lime green, white, and a few touches of gray.  So manly and sweet, all at the same time!  And who can resist drinks served in mason jars with fun gray striped straws?
 We made these bow ties (again, just like Lindsey!) for everyone to wear at the shower.  So fun!
Clever little Amy stamped all of the paper plates with fancy mustaches.
Yummy cupcakes with green polka dot liners and darling toppers made by Amy:  
 Party favors!  Chocolate mustache lollipops - almost too cute to eat!
Here's my 93-year old Grandma Jinni hamming it up for the camera:
It may have been a manly shower, but we still needed flowers!  
Thanks for arranging these just perfectly, Mom!
 
A clothesline of onesies.  
I appliqued them using with neckties, bowties and a mustache.  
He'll be a dapper little dude!

 

On to the food!  
For drinks, we served lime sherbet punch, cucumber and blueberry water, 
and of course... root BEER!
 Brunch included blueberry french toast, southwestern egg casserole, Paula Deen's bow-tie pasta salad, sliced fruit with fruit dip, blue and green M&Ms and jellybeans, and blue chips with guacamole.  Mmmm-mmm!

 And a shower thrown by our family wouldn't be complete without the games.  We didn't want girls to groan when we pulled out the traditional shower games, so we got creative.  We did "Minute to Win It" games - shower style.  There were five rounds, with very lenient elimination after each round.

Round one:  The Oreo game.  Each team picked one person to complete the task.  They had to get the Oreo from their forehead to their mouth without using their hands.  Let's just say we had some very good sports.
Round two: using a bulb syringe (also known as a snot sucker, a nose vacuum or that blue thingy), each team had to transfer 4 oz. of water from one bottle to another in under a minute (which, by the way, is way easy).
 
Round three:  Using toothpicks and marshmallows, each team had to build a "crib" for "Baby Ruth."  If "Baby Ruth" was not elevated off of the ground, the team was eliminated.

Round four:  Stack 35 diapers without them toppling over.  
Sounds easy, right?  
Abby's team FAILED.
Round five:  Each team had to dig through a huge bin of little toys (puzzle pieces, LEGO blocks, baby toys, etc.) to find a complete set of magnetic alphabet letters, and then alphabetize them on a cookie sheet.  First team to complete this task won!
Shoot!  I didn't get a picture of the prizes, but they were the CUTEST little tins of mints... in the shape of a mustache!  Amy found them at Cost Plus World Market. 
 
 
 
 We all had a great time celebrating Abby and the little miracle inside her.
Can't wait to meet you, Noah!
 
(That's Noah with a mustache.  Silly Abby!)

19 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness - you guys are so creative and pulled it off so well!! I love all the details (even if they weren't all your own). I may have even pinned a few of these pictures for future reference : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome shower- just perfect! You're a great party planner. And best wishes to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! SUCH a cute shower!!! abby is a lucky gal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darn adorable... love the colors, love the theme. I want to have a baby just so you can plan me an adorable party (well, and for more reasons than that, but that one is definitely in the top 3, ha)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything turned out beautifully! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable! I'm planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law and this would be perfect!! How did you do the onesies? They're so cute! And do you have a photo of the invitation? What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you via pinterest...ADORABLE shower!! Love all the details...great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just thought i should confess- i am totally stalking and getting ideas from this post. It is SO CUTE. THANK YOU for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina (our cutie pa-tootie hair gal left of me) is prego with her second child (due this summer) and we decided to throw her a little shower (or sprinkle?). bestshowerheads

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you make the flag banner hanging between the dowels? It looks like it is the same fabric used to make the ties on the onesie banner. How did you make the fabric stiff for the flag banner or does stiffness not matter?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspirations you have shared here for a baby shower party. Its my baby shower party at event space Chicago and my whole family will be there for me to make my day memorable and lovely. Hired catering services and floral decorators too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!오피헌터

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must express some appreciation to this writer just for bailing me out of such a incident. Right after looking through the internet and coming across advice that were not pleasant, I was thinking my life was done. Existing minus the approaches to the difficulties you have solved all through your main posting is a crucial case, and the kind which might have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I hadn’t encountered the website 횟수 무제한 출장. Your main understanding and kindness in handling the whole lot was crucial. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a solution like this. I am able to now look ahead to my future. Thank you very much for the expert and effective guide. I will not think twice to refer your web sites to any person who would like direction about this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the sensible critique 스포츠마사지. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our area library but I think I learned more clear from this post. I’m very glad to see such fantastic information being shared freely out there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ومن المهم أيضًا الإشارة إلى أن مصانع عبوات بلاستيك المياه تعمل على تعزيز التوعية بأهمية إعادة التدوير والحفاظ على البيئة. تعمل المصانع على تطوير تقنيات التغليف المستدامة واستخدام مواد قابلة لإعادة التدوير وتقليل التأثير البيئي للعبوات البلاستيكية.

    ReplyDelete
  16. يعتبر اتِّساعُ الأوعية الدموية للمريض هو أكثرَ أهميَّة من الاستطالة، لانه يؤدي إلى انفصال سدائل الصِّمام .وعندما يقف الشخصُ، يرجع الدَّم إلى الخلف بفعل الجاذبية ولا يمكن إيقافه بسبب انفصال شُرَفات الصِّمام.مما يؤدي الي جريان الدَّم إلى الخلف ويملأ الأوردة بسرعة، ويؤدي إلى زيادة تضخُّم الأوردة المُلفَّفة الرقيقة الجدران لذلك من الضروري المتابعة مع احسن دكتور اوعية دموية للتخلص من هذه المشكلة قبل تفاقمها.

    ReplyDelete
  17. شيش حصيرة زنكاليوم هو عبارة عن شيش مصنع من الفولاذ المجلفن الذي يعمل علي توفير الحماية القصوى للمكان , يزود باكسسوارات خاصة لعدم رفع شيش الحصيرة، يتميز الشيش الزننكاليوم بالقوة والمتانة وعزل لصوت والضوضاء، كما أنه مقاوم للعوامل الجوية المختلفة، وأهم ما يميزه عدم تطلبه للصيانة الدورية.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...