Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This 'n' That 'n' WIWW {1}

Hello bloggy peeps!

My mind is scattered, and thus, so will be my blog tonight.

First off, I'd just like to say that it is 10:00 p.m. and Brody is still awake. I don't know what he's doing, except that every time I walk up the stairs, he runs back into his room holding his bottom with both hands, shaking his head and saying, "no! no! no!" Just sayin'.

We went to deliver Girl Scout cookies tonight. Me-oh-my. Can you say, poor time management? Things always, I mean ALWAYS take longer than I think they will. (Gary is nodding enthusiastically right now.) Out of the 12 deliveries we'd routed out tonight, we made 6 of them. I should've known. But I will say that it's kind of fun driving around town popping in and chatting with friends! (Oh, is that why it took longer? The chatting? Oh.)

Emma's goal was to sell 100 boxes. She sold 156! Oh wait - make that 157. Brody tore open into someone's box of Thank You Berry Munch cookies and started chowing down. Kind of reminds me of the time my dog ate some of the band candy I was supposed to sell. Funny, when I discovered Brody with the box, he ran away holding his bottom with both hands, shaking his head and saying, "no! no! no!" Hmmm.

Are you following along with Joanne's progress? A-maz-ing. I'm in awe of her strength and perseverance, but most of all, I'm in awe of the work God is doing in her and everyone praying for her and following her story. Please continue praying for her. There is still so much she needs to conquer, but she has come so far. Praise God!

I went to pick up Addie from preschool today and her teacher said, "Wow! Addie has a lot of energy! She makes me tired." Preach it, Teach.


And last but not least, a while back I mentioned that I thought it would be fun to try my hand at What I Wore Wednesday (WIWW) - the weekly showcase of outfits you've worn throughout the week, hosted by Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy. Honestly, I haven't done it yet because a.) what I wear isn't interesting and b.) I'd feel silly posting pictures of my so-called-outfits. But the whole reason she started it was to motivate herself and others to get out of sweats and put a little more effort into how we put ourselves together each day. I'm there.

Let me tell you what sweet child #4 has done to me. Actually it's more like what child #3 has done to me. I cannot leave that child alone. In fact, it's now 10:30 p.m. and while I thought he'd finally settled down and fallen asleep, I just heard a SCRREEEECH sound from the other room and went to investigate. He was sitting naked (naked!) in the living room, ripping scotch tape from the dispenser. And you think I would risk hopping in the shower each morning?!

Where was I? Oh. I've gone from cringing at the thought of not taking a daily shower, to rejoicing when I get to take a shower twice a week. Those who know me personally are probably astonished. I can fake it well on those non-showering days, but sister (oh please let there be no brother reading this), it ain't pretty.

And so, instead of WIWW, I present you with: L!ITAS! (Look! I Took A Shower!) Here is a picture of me.

Top - Kohl's
Cardi - Old Navy
Jeans - Kohl's?
Shoes - Payless
(See? Not exciting)

So what if it was 3:30 in the afternoon and I finally was ready for the day?

I took a shower.

This was yesterday (Tuesday). And guess what?

I took a shower again today!

That's two days in a row! Two!

Nevermind that I wore the same exact outfit again today. Sigh.

9 comments:

  1. Ha Ha...Sounds like you have quite interesting days! Your post made me laugh. Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps brody was still away thanks to the thank you berry much cookies. i'm sure you are thanking the berry cookies today, huh? ;) oh, and i always love the outfits you wear! i envy your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you talking about....you are the cutest thing ever, shower or no shower...you always look so great! Your outfits are inspiring...I need to go shopping with you! I don't pull off my non-shower days well, I'm not sure I even pull off my shower days! Love those pics of you....keep it up...maybe you'll even get more showers out of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title to your link, it was great! I love the gray and yellow combo to

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness...I just want to share your blog with all my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post cracks me up! You look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love you, angie! i enjoy reading your blog so much!

    p.s. i miss you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute! i might have to buy a full length mirror and participate in wiww when i start cleaning out my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment on my WIWW post last week. You are so cute! Can't wait to see what you've been wearing this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...