Thursday, May 31, 2007

American Idol and other shtuff

The first part of this post is dedicated to Cam, who probably won't even get past the title. :)

We DVR-ed American Idol finale last week (oh my gosh - I've not talked about how much we love our DVR, but let me say, it's awesome. It deserves a whole post of its own!), and finally sat down over the weekend to watch it. Get this - Ryan Seacrest said "Your next American Idol is---" and the DVR stopped recording! We were laughing so hard! We're not die-hard Idol fans, so we weren't devastated and knew that we'd find out soon enough, but we thought it was hilarious. We watched 2 hours of nonsense to find out nothing. Cam, if you've made it this far, I thought of you and how you'd probably think that was funny and that we deserved it for wasting hours of our lives watching Idol. ;)

In other news...

ONE. There is ONE baby growing within. When we saw a single baby on that ultrasound, Gary and I breathed a huge sigh of relief! So now, Emma is still convinced that it's a girl named Soapy, and that the boy just isn't in there yet. Hmm. Okay.

I've been MIA lately because morning sickness and fatigue is kicking my heiney. I'm beat, friends. I'm eagerly awaiting that magical morning when I wake up and feel different and "know" that first trimester misery is behind me. In the meantime, I've had to learn to be okay with the girls watching maybe a little more TV than usual, eating out or ordering in a lot and looking around at a less-than-clean house. I'm thankful for my very patient and understanding husband - who is also very eager for this part to be over!

Grammy (Gary's mom) and Granny-Great (Gary's grandma) were in town last week and we had a great time. I'll post pictures later. I'm grateful to Granny-Great for making the effort to make the trip out here from California. I know it was a challenge for her, and she was such a trooper. Special time.

Finally, remember that little page contest I entered? I won! I won one of the categories and got a $25 gift package. Fun! I'll post that page sometime too. I don't think I deserved to win.

Back with pics later! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that the first trimester yuckiness is upon you. It will be over before you know it.

    Can't wait to see the picture of your winning page - post it soon!

    ~Rebecca

    P.S. Did you ever find out the results from Addie's allergy tests?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO!!!!! I saw the title and was like, UGH, ANGIE! Then I saw my name and started giggling. That makes up for it. :)

    I hope you get to feeling better soon. It's sooooo hard to feel that sick anyway; add in taking care of kids and it's downright miserable. :hug: Remember, it's a good sign that the pregnancy is good and strong. Try to think of it that way. While you're yelling at the toilet. :giggle:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, we miss you! You are only allowed a first trimester break from blogging. I check almost every day to see if you might have a new post, but I'll be patient. So fun meeting your family at Michelle's party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Angie! Just wanted to let you know I've been stalking your blog & wondering where you've been off to. I mean, taking care of two little girls on top of morning sickness & being a youth pastor's wife is no excuse for not updating, young lady!!! ;)

    Hope your summer is going well & look forward to reading something new when you get a chance!

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...