Has it really been over 2 months since I posted?! Yikes. I've appreciated all of the "where are you?!" comments from some of my loyal readers. :) I've felt loved.
Well... I finally, FINALLY feel like I'm over this whole morning sickness thing. About time too - I'm now 18 weeks along! On one hand I feel like it's gone fast, but on the other hand (and both feet, for that matter) I feel like I've been pregnant for YEARS this time. My puking has finally slowed down (although I did toss my Cheerios just two days ago - ugh!), and I'd like to think it's officially behind me. Speaking of, um, behind me, some day if I feel brave, maybe I'll share what contributed to my feeling so sick. Suffice it to say that pregnancy comes with some lovely side effects, and I experienced several of them more than any woman should. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and my friends, I was DESPERATE. Let me just say this: if ever Colace, 2 dozen bing cherries in one sitting, and a little friend named Fleet don't do it for you, I've got quite the solution. Boy, do I!
My lack of posting is a pretty good reflection of my life in the last couple months, in that nothing earth-shattering has happened around here lately. I've got a ton of pictures to post, but I'll have to do that later. I got a new camera for my birthday and haven't taken the time to figure out how to upload them to the computer yet! That's next on my list. So... some random tidbits to share...
* I turned 30 since my last post. I didn't think it would be a big deal, and it sure wasn't! It was the most anticlimactic birthday ever. Gary was out of town so I was alone with the girls, and puked 2 or 3 times that day. I can't remember, because I really have tried to block it from my mind. It was THAT awesome. But to his credit, Gary celebrated with me the day before and we had fun. There's just something about the "actual" day... you know?
* We can find out the sex of our baby in 2 weeks!!!! Gary's pretty set on not finding out though, and I'm warming up to the idea. He did tell me today that I could find out if I didn't tell anyone. HA! That's a good one.
* Addie is a chatterbox! It's so weird because Emma was hardly speaking at all (literally!) at Addie's age (21 months). Emma's made up for lost time in a BIG WAY though, so you'd never know she was behind for awhile, so Addie has a good mentor.
* Big things are brewing for us around here... but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Sorry to be cryptic... time will tell.
* We leave for vacation in CA in just a few days. I'm excited for a change of scenery, time to relax and see family, and have some fun... but... I'm SO, SO bummed that it coincides perfectly with Michelle's trip HERE! Argh! Seriously, Michelle. I'm so disappointed. :(
* Gary celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago, and Emma was INSISTENT that we buy him a fishing pole. (He doesn't fish.) But we have this little lake near our house that she sees all the time and asks if we'll take her fishing, so I thought I'd indulge her birthday wishes for her Daddy. So we took a trip to WalMart where she picked out the most perfect pink Cinderella fishing pole for him. LOL! I told her that maybe we could get him two, just in case he loses one, and she thought it was a good idea. So $25, a pink fishing pole and a black fishing pole later (oh, and one small jar of salmon eggs because "Oooo! These are cute, mom!"), we were set with his present. You know what? He was THRILLED! Being the generous guy that he is, he graciously gave one to Emma (yes, the pink one). They've been fishing twice now (I'll share those pictures later) and Emma just LOVES it. She's caught two fish now, and is just the cutest little fisherwoman I've ever seen.
Alright. That's enough to prove I'm still alive and among the living. Stay tuned for a pictorial account of the last couple months! :)