Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This is what grouchy looks like.

Addie is not a morning person. Emma is very much a morning person. Emma would have jumped up, said, "Time to rise and shine!" and given me a hug while trying to climb out of the crib. Not Addie. She rolled over and wailed. Like this:

But you know what? That's okay, Addie. I'm not a morning person, either. I've tried. Just like I've tried to like coffee and have failed, I've tried to be a morning person and have failed too. I wish I looked forward to getting up - the birds always sound so cheerful, I really DO love watching the sunrise, it feels so good to be up early and get a good start on the day, it's quiet, and yes, one of the few times of the day I can be alone long enough to get in a good quiet time. How often does it happen? Next to NEVER. But when it does, it's enough to make me want it to happen again. But then the next morning, those sheets are so cozy, the pillow so soft... zzzzzzzzz....

I'll stick to being a night owl. It's just as quiet at 1:00 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe if you didn't stay up till 1am it wouldn't be so hard to get up in the morning!!! :-) Just kidding, we all are wired different, as proof comes from your girls. :-) So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...