Wednesday, April 13, 2011

wiww {6: a secret tip}


I'm slipping back into another "What I Wore Wednesday" just to let you in on a little secret.

I was getting dressed for church on Sunday and caught myself doing something I do frequently, and I wondered if anyone else is as lame as me uses this snazzy little trick.

Sometimes, if I'm layering a tank top under something, I find it's too low. But the back of the tank top is just right! (Are you cringing yet?) So, you guessed it, I wear it backwards. Oh yeah, that's right. I wear it backwards... on purpose.

But on Sunday, the tank top I wanted to wear under my dress had these wooden beads on the front, so I turned it around and wore it backwards!

On this particular tank top, the front is actually higher than the back... but, uh, yay for scarves. Right?

I threw a scarf on and voila! No beads, no tag, nothing. No one was on to me.

Can't even tell, can ya? Classy.

You don't find these tips in Vogue, people. Consider yourself lucky.

Wanna play along? Link up with Lindsay at The Pleated Poppy for the "What I Wore Wednesday" extravaganza!

7 comments:

  1. I do that all the time & just did that yesterday! A button-down shirt buttoned a little too low & my normal tank was in the laundry - threw on a v-neck one with lacy trim backwards & it was perfect. Haha! great minds... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie- you just rocked my world. I cannot wait to try this! Almost all my tank tops are too low in the front, except for those men's undershirts (my mother would not let us call them w*fe b*eaters). But I am feeling like I need to slowly back away from the men's clothing. thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius!

    I've never thought to do that but I've often lamented that I wish my tanks were an inch higher so they could peek above my v-neck a bit more. I am so doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought abuot this post, Brody's room is cute! I wish my children's rooms looked that clean. Oh, and your outfit is cute too. I had a whole two days where I actually got out of my sweatpants and into real clothes. Then Cam broke his arm. Back to sweatpants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I became a follower of your blog! I found you from twitter! You have a beautiful family! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tip!
    I often do that with my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what scarves can hide. Love the pink and green. Cute little boys room too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...