|Minute 28 of the Never-Ending Play: Princess Addie is about to strike Mermaid Emma with a paint stirrer. Audience Member Brody has no regard for the stage, and Chloe wonders what kind of family she's been borne into.|
In the meantime, here are a few tidbits from the weekend:
- Friday was my little sister's birthday! She turned 29. What, Abby?! If I painstakingly drew all 29 candles on your birthday card cake, I feel like I'm entitled to tell the internets how old you are.
|One of my favorite pictures of Abby - she's always laughing!|
We had a fun dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, followed by ice cream at DQ. And when I say a "fun dinner" I really mean chaotic and borderline NOT fun. There are 14 people in our "party" and when almost half of them are 7 and under, it's not like we're lounging around, recollecting the last 29 years of life with Abby. Our out-to-dinner celebrations may be a thing of the past...
- Saturday I got to get away for a bit and run some errands ALONE. I'm not sure if there's anything I enjoy more these days. I went to a thrift shop (the Salvation Army store) to look for... well... I have no idea why I went there. It was calling to me as I drove by. And by "drove by" I mean I didn't drive by it at all, I had to intentionally go there as it's on a side street. But whatever.
Also, I bought some men's ties for tie-dying Easter eggs this week (and by the way, this will serve as your reminder for those of you who don't want to miss out on doing it this year!). I asked the lady at the counter how much they were, and she replied $1.99. Later when I went to check out, I asked the man how much they were and he told me 25¢. SOLD! Lesson learned: get price checks from the man and work it.
- Our Hill of Calvary is sprouting! It looks like a little hedgehog, but I know we'll have lush grass in no time. I thought I'd killed the thing by leaving it out over night in freezing temps, but apparently this Hill of Calvary was not going down without a fight.
We've literally been sitting at the table for a lot of the day watching the grass grow.
- This afternoon the girls and I wrapped up their Artist Trading Cards for the swap we're doing. They loved it... pretty much. I think maybe, just maybe, it would be good to spread apart the ATC love next time because they were pretty much done by card number 3 or so.
But, they're done and we'll mail them off tomorrow. Emma has a girl from Malaysia in her group and Addie has one from Australia, so we're excited to get international mail in the next week or two!
|Addie's creations: (L-R) Rainbow Flower, Summer All The Time, Just Me, Rainbows Are Fun, Butterfly Buddy|
|Emma's masterpieces (L-R): Happy Sky, Dinosaurs Say RRR, Clowny-Cat, Summer Flower, My Creation|
- I finished a little craft project that's been sitting in my craft room for a month now waiting for me to wrap up! Isn't it purdy?
In fact, if you leave now, you might make it in time for intermission. We're on Minute 42 of this play...
P.S. What is UP with these bullet points? I wish they'd just align and behave themselves. If it annoys you like it does me, then I am SO sorry. If you didn't even notice, then we are very different.
P.S.S. What was the highlight of your weekend?