Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just thinkin'

I was drying my hair just now (yes, it's 11:00 a.m... slow morning) and just got to thinking.

I was looking out the window, and let me tell you, it's beautiful outside. Sure, the temperature is hovering around zero, but everything is clean and white and sparkly. With all of the bare trees, the evergreens really pop. I wish we had more of them.

That made me think about pinecones. It would be fun to do that craft where you smear peanut butter all over them and cover them in birdseed for the birds. We have a ton of little finches and robins around here. They're all fat and fluffed up for winter - so cute! But back to the craft, with Addie being allergic to peanuts, it's out.

Which made me wonder... do animals have peanut allergies? What if birds or squirrels did? Yikes! What would happen? Would they break out in hives?

If bees are allergic to something, do THEY break out in hives? Do they? Oh, the irony!

Which made me think that it would be funny if weiner dogs were allergic to hot dogs. I have no idea why I thought that.

But I really have no idea what made me think of this next thing.

I imagined a weiner dog getting on a treadmill to work out. But, the treadmill is too short. So, it gets another treadmill and butts it right up to the other one so now it's longer. The only problem is, they don't move in the same direction, but the silly little weiner dog doesn't understand that... YET. So it gets on the newly invented mega treadmill and turns it on (don't ask me how... surely it's arms are not long enough). Oh no! The weiner dog buckles upward as the treadmills start moving.

Now that I think about it, that might make for a delightful children's book. I'll have to develop the story line a bit further.

And then my hair was dry.

The end.

18 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Hoo Hoo! Hee Hee! Snort!

    Honey...you're the best. Absolutely!

    Thanks for helping my think on the funny side. I've been dwelling on thoughts on the angry side, so this is JUST what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor, Angie, and wishing we lived closer so I could get a dose in person!

    Hi to Emma and Addie from Emma and Audrey!

    Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like some of the stuff you used to come up with while pulling all-nighters in the Tridelt dining room during exam week...have you been feeling sleep deprived??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is like a "If you give a pig a pancake" book. :) Funny!

    BTW, try sunflower butter for the birds - my son is allergic too, but sunflower butter is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're a goofball, Ang. But you should write a children's book, whether on your treadmill walking weiner dog or something else. I honestly think that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of my greatest thoughts came from the shower and bathroom time. Wait...did I just admid to that on the world wide web? Well...it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahahaha! That was so random and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really funny mental picture....both you thinking those things and the things you were thinking! Love that mind of yours. :-) I'm still waiting that children's story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, this is your version of "thinking out loud"...and I am laughing so hard. I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let me know when you finish that book. I want to get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your mind works Angie. Funny thing, I understand it. :) I like how you got lost in your thoughts and came up with something so funny. I also love the book idea and what people don't know about you is that you're an artist and have been doodling and drawing the most whimsical of characters since you were four so you can even be your own illustrator of the 'treadmill walking weiner dog'. Maybe you could write a non-fiction book about a little girl named Emma that colored her face yellow and drew on whiskers too because she wanted to be a cat. Oh! Did I give away your next book idea or WAS I RE-CALLING YESTERDAY'S CONVERSATION WITH YOU? Who needs a weiner dog on treadmill when you have kids?
    I Love you!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness that was awesome! But I have to admit... I wondered if Emma had taken over the blog writing for a minute there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a natural and I think you'd be fantastic as both author and illustrator! Two words for you: Goodbye, Topaz!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL I love this post and your blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would buy that children's book in a heartbeat. I think you could turn it into a whole weiner dog series, and one of the books needs to include a catastrophe in a revolving door.

    You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. I'm trying to imagine what story-time is like with Emma & Addie...and then I stop, yes...I have to stop. My brain hurts. And then I realize, I will never understand how a beautiful CO landscape could lead to a weiner dog on a double-revers treadmill. you truly soar at a higher intellectual level than the rest of us mere mortals. wow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...