How did that happen???
Addie was happy to oblige me with a mini-photo shoot on her last day.
Emma's last day was a pajama day, which seemed the perfect start to a long, lazy summer. I foresee a lot of pajama days in our near future.
Emma's favorite event was the tug-of-war, which she cannot pronounce correctly no matter how many times I correct her. She was thrilled that the girls beat the boys at tug-a-whore. *sigh*
Addie was thrilled because she got to join in the fun and participate with Emma's class. I was so proud of how Emma took her under her wing and included her.
Despite not having an athletic bone in my body, I remember so many great Field Days in elementary school. Some of my more vivid memories include:
- Failing every. single. time. to fling my shoe forward in the shoe kick. It always went behind me. Good thing we weren't graded for that.
- Mr. Chuck (the custodian) and Mr. Mac (the principal) grilling hot dogs out on the blacktop. Yum. And for some reason I remember Mr. Mac wearing a visor.
- Getting clotheslined playing Red Rover and seeing stars.
- Not caring what team I was on, what game I was playing, or whether we won or lost, as long as I was on Logan Breed's team. Nothing else mattered.
- Wearing shorts combined with a sweatshirt for the first time in 6th grade. I got the outfit idea from my older cousin, Tara, and I felt so cool.
- Winning the three-legged race with my VBFF Kathleen EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Domination, baby. I betcha we'd still win today.
Sadly, there was no shoe kick, there was no Red Rover, and there was no three legged race. What has happened to Field Day?!
So now it's officially summer vacation. This is the time of year I scramble for a game plan so I don't waste the summer or go crazy without a plan every day. More on that next week!