Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Scrambled and Fried

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That's the sound of me, sitting down now that the kids are finally in bed. (At 10 p.m.)

I'm fried. My thoughts are scrambled. I'm about to crack. (I know there are more funny egg puns in there, but I'm too tired to make another funny yolk joke.

Gary was out of town last week for 4 days, home for a day, and then left again for 10. We're halfway through that second stretch, but it's been looooong.

And yet, I count my blessings. I admire those moms whose husbands travel for work or whose husbands are deployed. Or single moms. How do you do it, girls?

I'm thankful for a friend who came to give me a break today. While she jumped on the trampoline with the kids, read them stories, and put up with a drooling, runny-nosed baby, I got to leave. I didn't even have a plan when I left, I was just glad to get a little break. And it was good.

Anyway, my blogging absence this week can be explained by the fact that by the time the kids go to bed, I am spent. I woke up last night at midnight, after I'd fallen asleep on the couch holding a craft project I was working on. I'm glad I wasn't using the hot glue gun at the time!

I had these grand aspirations of getting all sorts of projects and organizing accomplished while Gary was gone this week. I think I'll be pleased if I get one or two of them finished, and I'm not above counting the laundry as one of those projects!

Alright, I'm wrapping this up before I fall asleep with the computer on my lap and wake up at midnighhhhhhhhhhhhkl;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

6 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to belt out some Bon Jovi for ya this morning....Ohhhh, you're halfway there...oh-ohhhhh living on a prayer, take my hand (I suppose Brody's hand would work) and you'll make it, I swear.....

    Hopefully you're laughing by now so I can quit...

    Hang in there. I am a big fat baby when my husband travels. I do not like it one bit.

    Hey, I'm going to be in Denver tomorrow for the third Friday in a row. It will be weird not to be there with YOU this time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, girl! It's a long day when hubby has a lunch meeting and can't come home with us to eat. I admire those women too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you have lasted this long. You are Supermom! A hero in my eyes for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome. If you need more breaks just let me know. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy how the time goes. Finally get to chill out at 8:30, but that is hardly time for anything. I have big plans for the evenings . . . and then I am so spent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If trimming your nails is an accomplishment, then laundry (especially four kids worth of it) is a MEGA accomplishment. Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...