Monday, March 23, 2009

Reality Candy Land

Today we joined up with my friend Kim and her three kids and went on a tour of Hammond's Candy Factory in Denver. It was great! It was fun to show our kids how candy is made. I was especially pleased to introduce my kids to old-fashioned homemade candy since they think everything magically appears at the store.


Cutting candy canes...






I didn't get a shot of the conveyor belt with candies coming out of the production room, but I couldn't help but think of that one I Love Lucy episode... you know the one!


Did somebody say, "free samples"?!








Would you believe this was BEFORE she ate any candy? YIKES!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty cool little "field trip". I know that my Emmaline would LOVE that!!! She is all about her candy (but what child isn't). LOVE that last picture of Addie .... too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I wanna see a picture of you with the hair net on. (Do they still make you wear hair nets when you take the tour?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- I took my parents there last spring. It was really fun. But I did discover that I don't think I could hack it as a candy maker . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! And Addie is the cutest thing I have ever seen, that picture made my morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that picture of Addie looks like you, friend. With your sweet joyful sillines.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...