Thursday, November 20, 2008

Checking In

I'm wandering around my house this morning with Brody wrapped tightly against my chest in a Moby Wrap, trying to lull him to sleep after a long, very long night.

He seemed a little droopy yesterday, and last night began that barking seal cough that makes every mom a little weary and nervous. After a call to the doctor's office who put us through to Children's Hospital, we determined that he has croup. We sat in a steamy shower for about 15 minutes to warm his chest and open up his breathing. Glasses plus a steamy shower equals one freaked out baby! He kept staring at me with huge eyes, wondering what kind of foggy-eyed kind of alien was trying to take care of him. He calmed down as soon as I took my glasses off, but then I had to hold him an inch from my face to see him.

After a restless night of whimpering and coughing, he seems a little better this morning (albeit VERY CRANKY), but I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor to find out if we should bring him in. Add to that poor Emma who woke up twice in the night with bad dreams... I'm one tired mama today!

So with Brody attached to me, I'm cleaning the house and getting ready for Emma's birthday party this weekend. I have rooms to clean, goodie bags to assemble, tables to set, signs to make... and I'm praying that I'll get it all done without a late night on Friday (especially since I already have plans to go out Friday night... more on that later).

I think I'll crank the music, make hot chocolate for the girls and I and work to accomplish everything on my list. At least there's no tempting weather out there today to lure me away from my work!

Hope everyone out there is having a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Hot chocolate sounds like a good step in the right direction. Blessing on you today, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you say I'm always positive. :-) Nice job trying to rescue your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always turn to hot chocolate (in cold weather) when things get tough. Good luck with the party preparations and I'll pray for a swift recovery for Brody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Angie, my boys had croup a few months ago and it was horrible. They could barely sleep at night. I will for sure be praying for you tonight when I am woken up by a toddler's bad dreams as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about the croup. I hope it passes quickly. No matter how many children you have birthed and raised, the worries of sickness are never elliviated.

    I am with you all the way on the glasses thing. I wear contacts except at night. No glasses equals everything is 2 inches from my face. That part made me chuckle. I can TOTALLY relate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saying a prayer for you today! Hope you get everything done and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Brody... and for you, to be everything you need to be and do everything you need to do. You're a great mom... hang in there! You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! (and I'm cheering up here in NH... so how can you lose? :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...