- - -
What I was doing 10 years ago:
1998... I think about this time ten years ago, I had broken up with a cruddy boyfriend for the final time. Yeah, the first three times didn't stick. I even made a list I could refer to as often as necessary of all the reasons why we broke up. Maybe it was the list, maybe it was all the friends praying that this time would stick... whatever the case, it was our final breakup. And praise God for that! (There is absolutely NO sarcasm in that, trust me.) I committed to staying single for six months, which was shocking to anyone who knew me because I was a dating machine. But, I did remain single for six wonderful months and it was an AWESOME time for me and the Lord. I really think it laid the ground work for me to be engaged a year later.
Five things on my to do list for today (I'm going with tomorrow since "today" is almost over):
1. Take Addie to the doctor - she's been complaining for months that her tummy hurts and I can't pass it off as hunger any longer.
2. Return a few things to Target
3. Go grocery shopping
4. Take pictures of the bird nest on my front door.
5. Write some thank-you notes to prize donors of the Amazing Race
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Give a ton of money away. A ton. Who needs that much money? Then I might upgrade our house and pay off debts for our family. And I'd really like a birdhouse for the backyard. And also maybe a pair of Mary Jane Crocs.
Three of my bad habits:
1. I'm always late and a huge procrastinator. I'm not proud of it, but it's true. It's amazing the girls were born before their due dates.
2. I pick at my cuticles until they bleed.
3. I stay up so late that I often fall asleep on the couch and get REALLY grumpy if Gary tries to wake me up. And then I get REALLY grumpy if Gary leaves me to sleep on the couch. Sorry, my love, you can't win.
Five places I have lived:
1. Erie, CO
2. Superior, CO
3. Boulder, CO
4. Highlands Ranch, CO
5. Englewood, CO
*These are all within an hour of each other. How exciting am I?! I did live in British Columbia for 3 months for a mission trip... does that count?
Five jobs I have had:
1. Church secretary/graphic design stuff. I was actually Gary's secretary for a good portion of my time there, and he used to love telling people (usually people we didn't know) that he sleeps with his secretary. Now he loves telling people he got his secretary pregnant and she quit. Neat.
2. Intern for the college program at a church
3. A/V technician in lecture halls during college - sounds lame, but I scored one of the best jobs on campus!
4. Bank teller (loved that job)
5. Target cashier (I love, love, love the Target lady on SNL. Love her.)
Okay... I'm supposed to tag five people, but I can't bear the thought of rejection should you not choose to do it. I'm insecure like that. BUT! If you read this, and feel inspired by how extremely fascinating I clearly am, and you want to do it yourself, let me know! And I know that some of you out there (Amy and Abby) are often just looking for things to blog about, so here you go.Thanks, Emma's Mommy, for tagging me! While I cringe at tagging others, I like to be tagged. I've always been a sucker for games.