Sunday, October 18, 2009

Church at home

Today is one of those "I-can't-believe-I-get-to-live-here" days in Colorado. Bright blue fall sky, temps in the upper 70s and low 80s, fall colors painting the landscape and that crispness to the air that makes days like today make you feel like you're on top of the world.

Unless you're sick as a dog. Like me.

I've been fighting some nasty cold-turned-pneumonia-turned-bronchitis for a month now and am SO ready to be back to normal. After multiple prescriptions, a nebulizer treatment, an inhaler (I thought it was so cool that my friends had to have inhalers when I was younger - um, not so much!), and a couple days of laying low, I'm starting to feel a bit better. But I should probably buy stock in Kleenex because I'm supporting them single-handedly right now.

So today while I'm home from church, I hope to be somewhat productive while taking it easy. I did take a shower, but in an effort to do my hair without taking much of an effort to do so, I put a sample of some gel in my hair and thought I'd scrunch it dry. However, I think the sample was old and defective. Instead of being all foamy when it came out, it was like lotion. But being the hair product newbie I am, I figured it was normal. WRONG. My hair is now as crispy as burnt bacon. It pretty much looks and feels nasty. And being that I don't have the energy to take another shower, it is what it is for today.

The only thing I really want to finish up today is cleaning out my pots and gardens of all the dead flowers. Usually I have this done weeks ago, but with recent trips it just hasn't gotten done.

And so with crispy hair, a stuffed up nose and a wheeze that rivals bagpipes, off I go to have a little church service of my own cleaning up dead flowers with my girls.

"The grass withers and the flowers fade,
but the word of our God stands forever.”

Isaiah 40:8

Praise God for that!
Happy Sunday to you!

2 comments:

  1. Our flowers are dead too. Only we haven't gotten a warm day in so long, I'm starting to think they might have to stay black and bedraggled for the winter. Today is almost 60. That's the warmest we've been since October started. Crazy.

    And to make this even more rambling: I had a cold that tried to kill me a few weeks ago. We should have gotten together and bought Kleenex stock when we had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the scripture reference! hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...