Friday, June 12, 2009
10 on the... 12th
Oops. I meant to do this on the 10th, but forgot. But better late than never!
Originally I had a theme planned for this 10 on the 10th post, but theme shmeme. We're going random.
1. I took a walk with the girls last night, each of us pushing a stroller with a baby in it (mine real, of course). I got choked up when I realized that Emma actually had to bend down a little bit to push her stroller. She's too tall for it. When did she outgrow her baby stroller? When did she start growing up? I get really choked up thinking of the day she outgrows wanting to play with the stroller and her babies.
2. Has anyone seen summer? It has somehow alluded Colorado. The beginning of June isn't usually known for scorching temperatures or anything, but lately the days have just been downright cold! We've had tornado warnings, hail and thunderstorms all week. Hello, pool? I miss you.
3. I read in the news that Brad Pitt bought this painting for $956,000. It's not my style, so I'm probably not appreciating like he does, but WOW. I don't get it.
Where would you hang it? It's 9 feet wide. It makes me think I should start framing some of my art (and Emma's and Addie's for that matter) and start selling it. Sheesh!
4. Tonight I'm going to my first official book club meeting. In my opinion, our first book was a dud. In fact, I haven't even finished it. I'm usually stubborn and will finish a book no matter what, but this one has been bor-ing! I'm on page 70-something and can't get into it. I skimmed the rest, but I'm looking forward to the next one. (And since you're probably curious, it's this book... which when I went to found the link, I realized has GREAT reviews. What's wrong with ME?!)
5. I went to the eye doctor yesterday to get my eyes checked and get new contacts. We started talking about the possibility of LASIK. Whoa! I thought we were a few years away from it (because I thought I had to be done having kids... and we're not sure we are), but it could happen soon! So we're thinking and praying about that. It would be amazing. I can't imagine what it's like to just open my eyes and SEE in the morning. Anyway, I had my eyes dilated and Brody did NOT like my ultra-cool glasses when I got home.
6. We've been watching a lot of Phineas and Ferb lately. That's one show I can watch with my girls and not count the minutes until it's over. It is FUN-NY. Who's with me?
7. Check out our seedlings! It hasn't even been a week! Addie's are the two rows on the far left. Hers must be slow, because I know she put some in. Emma's are the two on the far right, and she did hers randomly, and couldn't remember which ones had seeds and which didn't... so that might be it!
8. Tomorrow we're going to a BBQ to celebrate my cousin who is being deployed to the Middle East again. He leaves July 1st. I really appreciate his work for our country and the sacrifices his wife has to make. Thanks, Robb and Kristi!
9. I tried a new shampoo/conditioner this week after my usual one ran out. A few weeks ago I sniffed a friend's hair and asked what she uses. (Do you think I have a thing for smells?) Herbal Essences! My college favorite. So I'm trying it again. It's cheaper than my usual (yay!), and although it doesn't make my hair feel the same way (boo!), it sure smells good (yay!)!
10. First I had written out the title of this post - "Ten on the... Twelfth." But I changed it after I realized that Mer uses numbers. That, and how weird is the word "twelfth?" It doesn't even look like a word. (Which reminds me, the girls and I were counting to 100 this morning, and Addie prounounces words so funny. She had it all fairly accurate until we got to the "sevenbees." "Sevenbeeone... sevenbeetwo..." And also, every number ending in "7" was, "fiftysevenby... sixtysevenbee... sevenbeesevenbee...")
That's it! Be sure to visit Mer's 10 on the 10th post for links to other fun posts!
Happy weekend, everyone!